How to prepare for your Cosmetic Tattoo Appointment
If you have already received the covid-19 vaccination or are soon going to be vaccinated, please consider the timing of your cosmetic tattoo appointment and ensure it does not fall 14 days before/after your vaccination.
- No Botox, chemical peels, laser skin resurfacing, strong exfoliants, fish oils, Vitamin E, Retinol, acids or anything that will thin out the skin.
- No lip injections within 4 weeks (lip blush appointments)
- No Advil or any other blood thinners ie Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Aleve, Motrin, Aspirin, Excedrin, Warfarin, Coumadin, Oil.
- No antibiotics, iron supplements or supplements that compromise the integrity of skin.
- No tinting, waxing, tweezing.
- No direct sun/sun burn on the face
- Keep lips hydrated, remove any dead/chapped skin with a lip scrub (lip blush appointments)
- Avoid any form of caffeine 24 hours prior to your appointment (caffeine is a stimulant and will heighten sensitivity and increase unnecessary bleeding) VERY IMPORTANT – Sorry, no coffee!
- No exercise (increased blood-flow can cause bruising)
- No alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment. (increases bleeding)
It is a good idea to wash your hair prior to your brow appointment as direct water on freshly tattooed brows must be avoided in the days following the procedure. (Dry shampoo will be your best friend).
My experience at Bos Ink Studio was amazing! So professional and the studio is beautiful. I was nervous in the beginning because you’re getting a tattoo on your face and that’s just scary in general but Lani calmed my nerves with her skill and talent. She walked me through the steps and explained every step. She told me exactly how the procedure was going to happen. She made sure I was happy with every step, every detail, and didn’t stop till I was happy. I can’t wait for my brows to be all healed, I already know they’re going to be beautiful. I can’t recommend Bos Ink Studio more! Lani is such a lovely person and deserves all the hype she’s going to get 😉
10/10 Bos Ink Studio is exceptional! Lani offers a clean, professional studio with top of the line products. Her environment will make you feel excited and safe. Lani allowed a lot of time to go over all the details, we didn’t start tattooing until I was comfortable with the outline. Her skills are meticulous and she has great suggestions. I absolutely love my brows and I can’t wait to go back for my touch up. There is nothing to be scared of, you will be so happy you went to Bos Ink Studio. Thanks Lani!!
1626 Richter Street Unit 102, Kelowna, V1Y 2M3
By Appointment Only